People who have never been skated, an easy question crop out their mind regarding the best Longboard for beginners. However, it can be a tricky game for beginners. To demystify the Longboard and dwindle your curiousness, the article has been equipped to meet that purpose.
Longboarding means riding on the Longboard. It is a counterpart, but not the same as a skateboard. Due to larger wheel size as well as lower wheel durometers, it is steady and stout. Riding on a Longboard is a thrilling and exciting exercise.
[table id=1 /]
- 1 How to choose the best Longboard for beginners?
- 2 Top 10 Best Longboard for Beginners Reviews
- 3 RIMABLE DROP – Best Longboards for Carving and Cruising
- 4 Atom Pin-Tail – Best Overall Longboard and Awesome for Cruising
- 5 Retrospec Zed Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Complete Cruiser
- 6 VOLADOR 42 Inch – Best Cheap Longboard
- 7 Playshion 39 Inch– Best Freestyle Longboard
- 8 Magneto Longboards– Best Longboard for Cruising
- 9 Blizzart Huracane Review | 38 Electric Longboard
- 10 MBS All-Terrain Longboard
- 11 Atom Drop Through
- 12 BLITZART Tornado – Best Longboard for Commuting
How to choose the best Longboard for beginners?
Preference Your Basic Needs
If you are a new longboarder, you should do cruising. Day by day, you should focus on the following forms:
- Freestyling for tricks rather than traveling.
- Freeriding which focuses hills and technical maneuvers.
- Downhills which requires precise maneuvers.
Then, you pick up the appropriate shape board. These boards are as follows:
- Bamboo, commuter, cruiser, drop down, drop through, and pintail is suitable for cruising.
- Drop through and drop down both are suitable for freestyle and free-riding.
- Cruisers and top mounts are suitable for downhill.
Midsize boards are appropriate for beginners.
Pay Attention to the Deck
A deck is a place where you stand. Flat deck is suitable for freestyling, Also, rocker is suitable for freeriding and downhill. Then, you pay attention to the deck flexibility. These are as follows:
- Soft/medium for cruising and freestyling.
- Medium/stiff for cruising and freeriding.
- Stiff for downhill.
Then, you check whether it has kicktail or no kicktail.
Pay Attention to the Other Parts
You have to choose the right width and length truck and wheel. For example- 130 mm hanger / 195 mm axel truck is suitable for 7-8 inches deck. Then, you select the wheel size. For example- for 34 inches length deck, 60-65mm wheel is appropriate. At last, you should see the wheels durometer or hardness.
Also you attention about Safety
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Core Ox Review
- Razor V17 Youth Multi Sport Helmet Review
- How to Ride a Scooter without Killing Yourself | Everyday Advice
What is the best brand of a longboard?
The most popular brands of longboard are given below-
- Loaded longboards
- Riviera longboard
- Sector 9 longboards
Top 10 Best Longboard for Beginners Reviews
RIMABLE DROP – Best Longboards for Carving and Cruising
This Rimable Drop Through is without a doubt the best quality complete for your buck that you are going to find. The deck is a solid 9-ply maple as advertised. Its strong with slight flex. Exactly what you want for freeriding / distance cruising. I’m 6’1″ and 250 pounds. It handles me with no problem. I bet a 300-pound guy could skate this board without there being any issues. All the components are versions of well-known brands and designs. It is suitable for impromptu rides and not worry about what happens to it. Excellent all around board.
- The free-rider deck shape with 41*9.5 inch
- 9 ply deck layers
- 7Inch AluminiuM Truck.
- 70x51mm 85A wheel
- Very high-speed bearings with ABEC-11
THE RIDE: (Most Important): The low deck height makes for a VERY stable ride with very linear turning and easy pushing. It is really comfortable for the beginner or intermediate user.
The Deck: This is the wooden part of the board by itself with no wheels or anything, they can be flexible or stiff and made of many different materials. The board is the best suited for where you will feel a large amount of flex, especially on the edges, going over bumps on the sidewalk and various road hazards.
Wheels and Bearings: the wheels on this board are on the harder side of Longboard wheels, but they are perfectly balanced with the flex of the board, giving great grip and also a smooth ride.
The bearings that come with this are standard 608ZZ bearings that have non-contact rubber shields that are labeled ABEC-11.
Trucks and Dardware: The trucks are pretty standard drop-through reverse kingpin trucks. Not much to say here they seem to be pretty heavy duty. The bushings in them could probably be a little stiffer and may wear out quickly, but that is the case with almost allpre-builtt Longboards.
- Great for beginners and intermediates alike.
- Perfect ground clearance even on hard turns.
- Grip tape on entire deck—looks good and good for rideability.
- Bearings seem very good for the price, as do the wheels
- EXCELLENT choice for beginner riders and a favorite of pros.
- May be used for commuting as a daily rider.
- Be careful choosing this board if you’re heavier than 180 lbs as it is very flexible and may sag too much for you.
- Falls apart in less than a month!
- Ultimately pretty generic, “tool for purpose” kind of stuff.
Atom Pin-Tail – Best Overall Longboard and Awesome for Cruising
It is a premature level of the longboard. I was very excited because this is a very cheap board, but it came with a very good deck, wheels, trucks, and bearings. Usually, longboard shops give you standard Abec 3 bearings, but this board came with Abec 5. I was surprised by this. All the parts are amazing, but you can upgrade them even better. I preferred red bones bearings. This is the best longboard for beginners. This board is 10 by 39 which makes it good for carving and going down hills fast. The board’s grip tape is nice and strong. Its been 4 months and the grip is still in awesome shape. You totally control the board and even more.
- Concave cross section
- 5 inches Aluminum Trucks
- Abec 5 Bearings
- Deck – Maple Laminate Deck
- 65mm / 78A Urethane Wheels; Full coverage grip tape top
- (L* W* H) 39 x 9.4 x 6
Classic pin-tail and concave shape- It is great for city cruising and makes carving a breeze.
Bearings- It comes with ABEC 5 not same as other longboards.
Others- It now has a customized graphic, grizzly grip tape, and arbor wheels.
- If you are wondering if you’re able to get into longboarding, this board is for you!
- For who is starting now and don’t want to spend lots of money and find out you’re not that into longboarding.
- Solid wood board.
- Great for cruising.
- Good board, not the best parts.
- The pin-tail does not extend too far behind the wheels.
Excellent value in a beginner longboard. This board is basically the same as the Quest but with better graphics and bamboo. Well thought out design, it has generic trucks and wheels, but they function great, this thing CARVES! This is cruising and carving design and is tons of fun. The turning radius is excellent, wheels are sticky and roll over just about anything within reason, it’s stable and fun to ride with the extended kick tail. The Board is very stiff, pretty much no flex whatsoever, but that is a good thing in a beginner board. It has a beautiful bamboo laminate with a matte finish and very tasteful graphics, the best I’ve seen on just about any board, and I have looked at plenty. They look so good I built a hanger to display them.
- Flexible maple and premium bamboo construction.
- Solid maneuverability.
- 7 – inch aluminum trucks and ABEC-7 bearings.
- Responsive reverse kingpin trucks.
- 70x51mm 85a PU wheels with rock finish.
- Milled wheel wells to reduce the impact of wheel bite.
Anti- Bite Technology- Included wheel wells to wane grab.
High- Speed and Accurate- ABEC- 7 with precision ball bearing is suitable for extreme running accuracy.
Stable – ZED’s deck construction is made by Canadian 8-ply maple and strong bamboo.
Slick and Grip- For superior grip, you get 70 mm Polyurethane wheels.
- Beautiful wood and seems sturdy.
- Vintage Look and trucks are decent for the price range.
- Stable enough and wheel wells are smoothly cut.
- Grip tape simply wasn’t cut well near the front and it’s painfully obvious.
- The white line isn’t properly aligned. Scratches incredibly easy.
VOLADOR 42 Inch – Best Cheap Longboard
The board comes with surprisingly good wheels and bearings (although I recommend using a tool to tighten or loosen the wheels because mine came a little too tight). If you want to learn to longboard, it is definitely worth putting out a little more money for a decent board that actually functions properly, and is more stable. The graphic on the back is very cute and super vibrant, so I love it! The grip tape is very sturdy.
- Getting super flex and shock absorber with 42 inch camber deck.
- Included healthy materials such as epoxy glue and 8-ply natural hardrock maple.
- 7- inch aluminum reverse kingpin truck and super maneuverability.
- Included 70x51mm 78A PU wheels work with ABEC-9 presion bearings.
A Stable Cruiser- The 34-Inch wheelbase and 9-Inch width deck gives you a perfect cruiser for hours’.
A speed racer- It is always standby for your riding trip.
Elaboration on art- You may find the longboard for different cultures.
- This thing turns very easily. For such a long board, the turn radius is pretty acceptable.
- The deck is pretty durable, and pretty to look at.
- It’s a relatively lightweight board for its size.
- The grip tape at the top of this board is pretty grippy.
- The pivot is very loose and doesn’t sit very nicely inside the cap.
- The bearings straight out of the box aren’t amazing, but they definitely are useable.
- Wheels become off-balanced when you tighten the trucks all the way.
Playshion 39 Inch– Best Freestyle Longboard
Don’t bother looking at other boards for a beginner – choose this one, you won’t regret it! You get a 39 inch long deck, which is close to the typical 40 or 41 inch drop through deck. I think this length is fine, it’s not worth the extra 20 bucks to buy a board with a 41 inch deck. The deck is made of maple, and is fairly stiff. I’m 160 lbs and can get it to flex when I jump up and down on it, but only a little. It’s 8-ply maple, so definitely on the stiffer side. You get 70mm wheels that are 78 durometer- they feel about right in terms of softness. The bearings don’t spin great, but they get the job done. You can’t get Bones Red bearings on a board of this price. The trucks are 7″ wide, fairly standard fare. The bushings seem adequate.
- Complete for Kids and adults, weight limit 250 Ibs
- Has flat and symmetrical design with 8-ply hardwood maple.
- Measurement of wheels 70x50mm SHR 78A Polyurethane
- 7-inch aluminum trucks which are lightweight and precision ABEC-7 Bearing.
- PU cast red bushing-90A
- Is not suited for tricks but for free-ride and freestyle.
A Slight Concave Deck– The middle concave deck control you when riding and at the time of turning.
Drop through Mounting Technology- It gives more stability for new longboarder by ground clearance only 4 inches.
ABEC-7 Bearings with Oiled- It is not made of traditional carbon steel, but made of bearing steel which offers harder and quieter.
- You can easily customize your trucks and kingpin through loose and tighten.
- The wheels are wide enough (about 50mm) that many rider love.
- This board is really smooth and sturdy.
- The grip tape is starting to bubble in less than a week.
- The Wheel fell off after about 10 uses.
Magneto Longboards– Best Longboard for Cruising
This board is awesome! After tightening up the trucks a bit it glides and carves like a dream. It is super stable with just the right amount of flex. So far its an amazing board, you can ride it right out of the package! The trucks are loose enough but might need a quarter turn tighter. The bushings are medium, might need replacing later on. The wheels are soft and the bearings run well, just need the usual half turn looser on the wheels.
- Suitable for cruiser, carving and tricks.
- Measurement 42in X 9in – 100% Bamboo & fiberglass
- 7″ Trucks is made with aluminum perfect for carving, and sharp turns.
- Wheels is 78A, 70mm x 53mm High Rebound Polyurethane and ABEC 11 bearings.
- Both sides of the board has a delicate tail.
Magneto, basically, different from the other lonboards from the aspect of its deck. Because, deck is made with natural and engineered materials.
Canadian Maple – Durability and hardness of maple wood is very good. Also, the wood is stiff and density is high.
Bamboo – Used bamboo as a renewable source of making decks.
Fiberglass – Used resin and long glass fivers which is strong and flex properties.
Carbon Fiber – Used low density engineered material components of epoxy and long strands of carbon fibers.
- The riding is so smooth and it comes ready to ride right out of the box.
- It can quickly cut and carve around things.
- It is great for both bombing hills or just cruising around.
- The wheels and bearings don’t roll for very long.
- The baseplate screws always becoming loose after riding on rough asphalt.
Blizzart Huracane Review | 38 Electric Longboard
This is an outstanding board for anyone looking for a light-use electric skateboard. It steers beautifully and handles bumps surprisingly well. You can also choose to run in forward or reverse, which is a neat feature and allows you to put the drive wheel in front or back- this can really change the performance as the drive wheel in the front seems to steer more quickly but be less stable at high speed. This is a great board for the price. Good range, good speed, good deck, and good remote. If you’re looking for your first e-board, pick this up while you have the money. I can’t stop riding this thing!
- 36V, 4.4Ah Lithium-Ion battery which is fully charged within 2 hours.
- The PREMIUM DECK is made of 6 ply maple wood which sustain 250 Ibs.
- Motor power is 350W and has a regenerative braking.
- You do not need to assemble the parts.
- Maximum speed upto 17 MPH and go 6-8 miles when fully charged.
- Easy and ready to go- It is full prepared after out of the box and ready to use.
- Wireless Remote- By helping wireless remote, you can easily control the acceleration and deceleration.
- Hub-motor board- This type of motor gives you pleasing appearance and quit sound.
- Great price
- Very fast board
- Remote control pairs to the board instantly
- Sturdy built
- Holding handle
- Reverse capability
- Battery indicator could be improved to better gauge the percentage of battery remaining.
- Heavy, which may be an issue for smaller/lighter people.
This really sturdy longboard is quick and offers easy maneuverability. Great board for beginners or long haul boarders great for scoping out new spots without falling.Like all soft longboard wheels these do chip a bit around the edges, but the treads eat up and gravel ad you never have to worry about cracks, bumps, and rocks whenever you are boarding. The bushing are pretty cheap however. After a year of HEAVY daily usage, the deck has started to warp a bit, not a visual amount, but enough that you can feel it.
- ABEC 9 bearings which are composed of rubber shield.
- Composed of “All-terrain” 100mm x 65mm wheels.
- Navigator drones truck ( 190mm) is suitable for turning.
- Deck is made of 10 ply maple.
- Ready to use.
- Really good for going over rocks.
- Huge wheels and the super wide trucks.
- This longboard makes it so easy to maneuver and get up to speed.
- The wheels are huge and literally will roll over anything.
- The “raised ends” of the board help you with foot positioning/re-positioning while riding.
- The lowered deck makes maneuvering much easier.
- A small part of the grip tape on the deck has peeled up just a little.
- It does not roll very well on grass.
Amazing longboard for beginners. This board is very fun to ride. It makes easy turns so you don’t lose your balance, although the turns are wide so it takes so practice to pull off a 180 on a narrow street. Next up, is the wheels. I absolutely love them. The color matches perfectly and they are 78a. The “a” size measures how much grip you get from your wheels. The lower the “a”, the higher the grip. 78 is a perfect number for “a”.
- It is perfect for downhill riding or carving.
- Diminishing your wheel bite because has perimeter shape 6-inches of leverage into every turn,
- Deck is made of maple with 245-millimeter axles and reverse kingpin.
- Gives you a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- The board is way to flexible, due to the length and my weight.
- The wheels are super soft. It goes over cracks and rocks with ease.
- The ABEC-9 bearings are super fast out the box, so you don’t see a need to upgrade to Bones Red Bearings.
- Wheels are soft, grippy, and wear slowly and evenly
- Deck is very durable and has a perfect amount of flex.
- Graphic looks really cool
- Easy to maintain
- The grip tape started separating after about two total hours of riding.
- The brushings are really soft even after tightening the kingpin.
- The truck mount becomes loose after a few hours.
BLITZART Tornado – Best Longboard for Commuting
Blitzart Tornado looks great. The build quality is excellent, it handles very well, the built-in handle is something that should be on *every* board. The remote is easy to navigate, easy to learn, and really light. The board itself has a nice clean look to it. It has a relatively fast charge rate.
- Ergonomic wireless remote which is comfortable and easy to grip.
- Two layers of bamboo with 7-ply maple deck.
- Hub motor which, is more powerful than anything else.
- Power of motor is 350w.
- Range and speed- Maximum range up to 10 miles with one charge and speed 17 MPH.
- Premium deck design- Two layers of bamboo and six layers of maple wood are included. Also included premium grip tape.
- Every part is assembled and ready to use.
- Also included an ergonomic wireless remote.
- It goes plenty fast.
- The deck is firm.
- BIG tires make it so that this thing can take some pretty rough pavement.
- Braking is smooth. You won’t be able to stop on a dime, but it doesn’t throw you off.
- The grip tape is cheap.
- The hub motor gets HOT after riding for about 15 minutes straight.
The Bottom Line
As an inquisitive mind, you should know the overall of the longboard. Before you buy, you should see the What is the best longboard for beginners? And also see the What is the best type of longboard for beginners? This article helps you to meet up your demand and also to find the best longboard for beginners. Hopefully, you will be benefitted. If you have any inquiry, do not hesitate to leave a comment.